Mike Edwards wrote:

> Raiser:                Mike Edwards
>
> Target:                sca-assembly-1.1-spec-cd03-Rev2.pdf

> composite <service/> and <reference/> elements can both contain
> <callback/> subelements.
> The component <service/> and <reference/> elements that are promoted by
> composite services and
> references can also contain <callback/> subelements.
>
> The specification does not describe the handing of  <callback/>
> subelements of component services
> and references when the services and references are promoted.  In
> particular, what happens if the
> composite service or reference element does not contain any <callback/>
> subelements.
>
> Proposal:
>
> Replace the final sentence of the paragraph describing the <callback/>
> subelement  of a composite service (line 1341/1342)
>
> Callback binding elements attached to the composite service override any
> callback binding elements defined
> on the promoted component service.  If the callback element is not
> present on the composite service,
> any callback binding elements on the promoted service are used. If the
> callback element is not present at all, the
> behaviour is runtime implementation dependent.

+1

> Replace the final sentence of the paragraph describing the <callback/>
> subelement  of a composite reference (line 1511/1512)
>
> Callback binding elements attached to the composite reference override
> any callback binding elements defined
> on any of  the promoted component references.  If the callback element
> is not present on the composite service,

Typo here: should say "reference".

> any callback binding elements on the promoted references are used. If

If there are multiple promoted references with different callback
binding elements, this seems to imply (but doesn't state explicitly)
that the callback bindings for the composite reference are the union
of the callback elements on the promoted component references.

If this was the intention, I don't think it will work.  If component
references A and B are promoted by composite reference C, a call made
through A to the target of C can't use some callback binding that
was present only on B and not on A.  To avoid this problem, we would
need to say that the callback bindings on the composite reference
are the intersection of the callback bindings on all the promoted
component references.

   Simon