Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] [ASSEMBLY 180] Composite ref pseudo schema doesn't agreewith XML schema definitions - @autowire - PROPOSAL

Ok, I'm fine with that as well. But in this interpretation, I think we should add something normative to section 5.4.2 along the lines of autowire resolution being within a composite and MUST be satisfied or else error. I'm not sure the spec is clear on this point. I think the normative statements at the end of the section might presume this to be the case, but it is never explicitly stated.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for Mike Edwards ---09/08/2009 08:48:46 AM---Dave, I went back through the history of autowire and reacheMike Edwards ---09/08/2009 08:48:46 AM---Dave, I went back through the history of autowire and reached the conclusion

Mike Edwards <mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com>

sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org

09/08/2009 08:48 AM

Re: [sca-assembly] [ASSEMBLY 180] Composite ref pseudo schema doesn't agree with XML schema definitions - @autowire - PROPOSAL

Dave,

I went back through the history of autowire and reached the conclusion that it had never been intended that autowire should work
through a promotion, and that the appearance of @autowire on the XSD for composite reference was a mistake.

I think that your interpretation is correct - autowire is resolved within the composite containing the component with the autowire reference.
If not resolved, then its an error if multiplicity 1..x was specified for the reference.

I also note that my proposal is a simplification of references ;-)

Yours, Mike.

Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014 Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email: mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com