Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] NEW ISSUE: Conformance statement for binding.sca?

Logged as: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-183

From: ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
To: OASIS Assembly <sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 23/09/2009 16:04

Section 8.5 SCA Binding in the Assembly spec contains the following
sentence:
"The only requirement is that any specified qualities of service are
implemented for the SCA binding type."
Note absence of MUST.

In the following email Mike Edwards says that policySets cannot apply to
the SCA Binding.
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200909/msg00235.html.

Thus, the SCA Binding, or more accurately the instance of the SCA
Binding used in a specific
situation, has to intrinsically satisfy the intents that apply to it.
This, seems to call for a MUST
except for the following.

On Monday's SCA Policy call we resolved issue POLICY-79 with a decision
that intents  MAY  be supported.
We changed this from "MUST be supported".

So, in my view, we need some clarifying prose that says that the SCA
Binding cannot be decorated with
policySets but can be decorated with intents.  The instance of the SCA
Binding used SHOULD attempt
to satisfy the intents associated with it.  If some intents cannot be
satisfied, a warning should be raised.
This is in line with our decision on POLICY-79.
--
All the best, Ashok