Subject: RE: [sca-assembly] [ASSEMBLY 205] TEST_ASM_12001 has empty composite name -Propose CNA

Martin,

The test sub-committee made the decision not write tests for optional
features during it's work last summer where the guts of the suite were
vetted.  I have been working under the assumption that this decision was
ratified by the TC itself (since no sub-committee decisions are binding).
Perhaps this is a faulty assumption on my part and on the part of others as
well.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093  or  8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |"Martin Chapman" <martin.chapman@oracle.com>                                                                                                      |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |"'Mike Edwards'" <mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com>, "'OASIS Assembly'" <sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org>                                                |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |02/25/2010 07:10 AM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
  |RE: [sca-assembly] [ASSEMBLY 205] TEST_ASM_12001 has empty composite name - Propose CNA                                                           |

Mike,

I understand your point more clearly now, but you seem to be making a
unilateral decision for the TC. I understand if you personally don’t want
to write tests for optional items, but I hope we wouldn’t preclude others
from doing so, if they wish. I’m not suggesting anyone intends to, just
making a general point.

Martin.