Subject: Draft minutes from 2010-02-23 are attached

Title: SCA-Assy - 2010-02-23

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-Assembly TC

Attendees

Present

Jacques Durand Fujitsu Limited* Group Member
Robert Freund Hitachi, Ltd. Group Member
Eric Wells Hitachi, Ltd. Group Member
Bryan Aupperle IBM Group Member
David Booz IBM Group Member
Mike Edwards IBM Group Member
Diane Jordan IBM Group Member
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation Group Member
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation Group Member
Rich Levinson Oracle Corporation Group Member
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation Group Member
Jeff Mischkinsky Oracle Corporation Group Member
Aninda Sengupta Oracle Corporation Group Member
Sabin Ielceanu TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member
Eric Johnson TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member
Danny van der Rijn TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member
Scott Vorthmann TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member

Chairs

Martin Chapman
Mike Edwards

Scribe

Bob Freund

Agenda:

1. Roll call
Scribe confirmation
Agenda bashing

2. Approval of minutes of previous SCA-Assembly TC meeting

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/36515/SCA%20Assembly%20minutes%202010-02-16.html

3. Action Items

id=2009-11-03-1 status=pending Edwards to add a test assertion supporting Assembly-187
id=2009-12-01-6 status=done owner="Scott" Provide proposal for alternative to Domain Channel
id=2009-12-01-7 status=done owner="Scott" Provide proposal for promotion of channels
id=2009-12-15-1 status=pending Edwards to create a test case to propose resolving Assembly-172

4. TC Administrivia

CD05 has been published
SCA Assembly V1.1 second public review of 15 days:
started on 17th February 2010
ends on 4th March 2010

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201002/msg00054.html

5. New Issues (Spec)

ASSEMBLY-218: Review Interface Compatibility logic to accomodate @Remotable attribute in the SCDL
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-218

6. Discussion Point

To address comments about the Assembly Schema discussed in an email from Luciano Resende:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201002/msg00029.html

7. New Issues (Test)

None

8. Test Suite Open Issues

ASSEMBLY-206: Test 5032 and 5034 uses runtime-specific URIs
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-206

ASSEMBLY-205: TEST_ASM_12001 has empty composite name
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-205

ASSEMBLY-204: Assembly Tests do not verify composite name resolution
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-204

ASSEMBLY-203: TEST_ASM_9002 composite incorrectly named TEST_ASM_9001
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-203

ASSEMBLY-202: Test ASM_6033 has various typos
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-202

ASSEMBLY-200: Test ASM_8004 missing test case
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-200

ASSEMBLY-199: Invalid description for Test ASM_6001
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-199

ASSEMBLY-198: Use of java.lang.StringBuffer in test ASM_8002
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-198

ASSEMBLY-197: Java classes do not follow standard capitalization in test classes
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-197

Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201001/msg00168.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201001/msg00166.html

ASSEMBLY-196: Negative testing layout - invalid artifacts in General contribution
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-196

ASSEMBLY-195: import and export of the same namespace for some testcases
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-195

ASSEMBLY-194: Test classes do not correspond to Maven conventions
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-194

9. Existing Issues without proposals

ASSEMBLY 140: Need TAs and testcases for property/@file and property/@many=true http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-140
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-140

ASSEMBLY 172: ASM-TA-5031 is not adequately tested by any TestCase in the Test Suite
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-172

ASSEMBLY 159: Align Test Assertion Document with latest Draft Assembly Spec
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-159

Contents

Topics
[1]  Opening
[2]  Action Items
[3]  TC Administrivia
[4]  Discussion of 1.2 working draft
[5]  ASSEMBLY-218: Review Interface Compatibility logic to accommodate @Remotable attribute in the SCDL http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-218
[6]  Test Suite Open Issues
[7]  ASSEMBLY-206: Test 5032 and 5034 uses runtime-specific URIs http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-206
[8]  ASSEMBLY-205: TEST_ASM_12001 has empty composite name http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-205
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

Pending:
id=2009-11-03-1 status=pending Edwards to add a test assertion supporting Assembly-187
id=2009-12-01-6 status=pending owner="Scott" Provide proposal for alternative to Domain Channel
id=2009-12-01-7 status=pending owner="Scott" Provide proposal for promotion of channels
id=2009-12-15-1 status=pending Edwards to create a test case to propose resolving Assembly-172
New:
id=2010-02-23-1 status=pending Edwards to think about what might be done in the way of a preprocesor related to Assembly-206

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Bob Freund

Opening

Roll - quorate with 14 of 22 voting members present.
Edwards suggests adding a discussion of the 1.2 version of the spec.
Agenda - agreed with the addition of a discussion of the 1.2 version
Resolution: minutes of 2010-02-16 approved w/o

Action Items

Action: id=2009-11-03-1 status=pending Edwards to add a test assertion supporting Assembly-187
Action: id=2009-12-01-6 status=pending owner="Scott" Provide proposal for alternative to Domain Channel
Action: id=2009-12-01-7 status=pending owner="Scott" Provide proposal for promotion of channels
Action: id=2009-12-15-1 status=pending Edwards to create a test case to propose resolving Assembly-172

TC Administrivia

CD05 has been published and public review has started

Discussion of 1.2 working draft

<Mike Edwards>
New 1.2 Working Draft
<Mike Edwards>
Announced here:
<Mike Edwards>
Karmarkar:
The doocument uses CD04 as a base and includes high level agreements from the last face to face
Anish reviews the changes
Edwards discussed process and the possibility of re-opening Assembly-80

...we will add a discussion next ... week and ... we may adopt it if folks are comfortable

ASSEMBLY-218: Review Interface Compatibility logic to accommodate @Remotable attribute in the SCDL http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-218

Booz:
The Java TC believes that this belongs to them
Resolution: m:Booz s:Aupperly Close Assembly-218 with no action w/o

Test Suite Open Issues

ASSEMBLY-206: Test 5032 and 5034 uses runtime-specific URIs http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-206

Chapman assumes chair
Edwards discuses the issue
<Mike Edwards>
From Test_ASM_5032.composite:
<Mike Edwards>
<reference name="Reference1">
<interface.wsdl interface="http://test.sca.oasisopen.org/#wsdl.porttype(Service1)"/>
<binding.sca uri="TEST_ASM_5032Component2/Service1"/>
<binding.ws uri="http://localhost:8080/TEST_ASM_5032Component2/Service1/binding2" name="binding2"/>
</reference>
Suggestion that it may be useful to use a pre-processor to deal with this issue
Action: Edwards to think about what might be done in the way of a preprocesor related to Assembly-206

ASSEMBLY-205: TEST_ASM_12001 has empty composite name http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-205

<Mike Edwards>
Email from Mike Edwards:
<Mike Edwards>
Edwards:
I would be inclined to close with no action
<Dave Booz>
ASM12029 - An SCA runtime MAY deploy the composites in
<deployable/> elements found in the META-INF/scacontribution.
xml and META-INF/sca-contributiongenerated.
xml files.
<EricW>
One of the reasons we decided to only test required features is we couldn't/didn't want to created a "supported features for runtime X"
<EricW>
There's too much "variation" in what COULD be supported - unless we start defining "profiles"
<EricW>
That and the fact that including "optional" stuff greatly increases the amount of work to be done!
<Mike Edwards>
I agree Eric
<Martin C>
You still need to test the MAYs, whether there are useful pqckages of optional features is an orthoganal point
<Martin C>
if mays are this useless we should remove all of them
Edwards:
Either we close with no action, the other is we withdraw the test complete.y
Chapman:
we are out of time.
straggler roll
adjourned
<Mike Edwards>
Thank you once more, Bob
<Martin C>
roll is fixed
my pleasure

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2010-02-25 at 09:12:40 GMT-5

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Date not specified, the date '2010-02-23' was assumed

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-Assembly TC...' was assumed

final validation: Chair not specified, default chair was assumed

statistics: Schreiber found 50 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 16: i/New/Topic: Discussion of 1.2 working draft

edits: Line 23: s/we/... we/

command-scribe: Line 1: Since the line number is less than or equal to 20 we will interpret this as a scribename command, note that the scribe command is deprecated

command-scribe: Line 1: Bob Freund is recognized

command-scribe: Line 1: Bob Freund's nick Bob has been selected

edit-insert: i/ command line 12.1 inserted before source line

edit-delete: Line 16 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 23 succeeded, changed line 22 from 'we' to '... we'

edit-delete: Line 23 was deleted

command-autoroll/oasis: Line 63: Attempting to fetch roll from http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/event.php?event_id=25367

command-autoroll/oasis: Line 63: Successfully fetched roll from http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/event.php?event_id=25367

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.2.0.3