Subject: Draft minutes of 2010-05-04 are attached

Title: SCA-Assy - 2010-05-04

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-Assembly TC

Attendees

Present

Mark Combellack Avaya, Inc. Group Member
Robert Freund Hitachi, Ltd. Group Member
Eric Wells Hitachi, Ltd. Group Member
Bryan Aupperle IBM Group Member
David Booz IBM Group Member
Graham Charters IBM Group Member
Mike Edwards IBM Group Member
Simon Holdsworth IBM Group Member
Diane Jordan IBM Group Member
Dieter Koenig IBM Group Member
Peter Niblett IBM Group Member
Derek Dougans Individual Group Member
Jeff Estefan Jet Propulsion Laboratory:* Group Member
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation Group Member
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation Group Member
Rich Levinson Oracle Corporation Group Member
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation Group Member
Jeff Mischkinsky Oracle Corporation Group Member
Gilbert Pilz Oracle Corporation Group Member
Aninda Sengupta Oracle Corporation Group Member
Sanjay Patil SAP AG* Group Member
Plamen Pavlov SAP AG* Group Member
Eric Johnson TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member
Danny van der Rijn TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member
Scott Vorthmann TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member

Chairs

Martin Chapman
Mike Edwards

Scribe

Bob Freund

Agenda:

1. Roll call
Scribe confirmation
Agenda bashing

2. Approval of minutes of previous SCA-Assembly TC meeting

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/37408/SCA%20Assembly%20minutes%20201.-04-20.html

3. Action Items

id=201.-03-02-3 status=pending owner="MikeE" Improve test Suite SPI to address other issues raised by JimM

4. TC Administrivia

a) SCA Assembly V1.1.second public review of1. days:
ended on 4th March 201.

One public review comment received:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201.03/msg00027.html

5. New Issues

ASSEMBLY-229: /composite/@targetNamespace cardinality specification has conflicts
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-229
Proposal is in JIRA

ASSEMBLY-230: Assembly test composites have property types that are intended to be XSD simple types but are in the OASIS namespace
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-230
Proposal is in JIRA

Proposal to Reopen Issues1.2 &1.9:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201.04/msg00065.html
Discussion of this proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201.04/msg00066.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201.04/msg00068.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201.04/msg00069.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201.04/msg00070.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201.04/msg00072.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201.04/msg00074.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201.04/msg00075.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201.04/msg00078.html

Note: Reopening an Issue takes a 2/3rds majority vote

6.1.1.Test Suite Open Issues

ASSEMBLY-206: Test 5032 and 5034 uses runtime-specific URIs
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-206

7.1.2 Specification Open Issues

ASSEMBLY-227: Promotion of consumers and producers undermines composability
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-227

Proposal
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201.04/msg00044.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37273/sca-assembly-1.2-spec-wd01.issue-227.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37272/sca-assembly-1.2-spec-wd01.issue-227.doc

Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201.04/msg00045.html

Contents

Topics
[1]  Opening
[2]  Martinis
[3]  Action Items
[4]  TC Administrivia
[5]  New Issues
[6]  New Issue ASSEMBLY-229: /composite/@targetNamespace cardinality specification has conflicts http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-229
[7]  New Issue Assembly-230: Assembly test composites have property types that are intended to be XSD simple types but are in the OASIS namespace http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-230
[8]  Proposal to Reopen Issues 132 & 149: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201004/msg00065.html
[9]  AOB
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

Pending:
id=2010-03-02-3 status=pending owner="MikeE" Improve test Suite SPI to address other issues raised by JimM

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Bob Freund

Opening

Martinis

<gilbert.pilz>
"Multiple Martins" is a great band name
<MartinC1>
i prefer multiple martinis
<Mike Edwards>
+1 to Martinis
<Mike Edwards>
Martinis all round...
make mine a hendricks bone dry cold not shaken with a slice of cucumber
Roll - quorate with 19 of 21 voting members present
Agenda - agreed
<Mike Edwards>
Resolution: Minutes of 2010-04-27 accepted w/o

Action Items

Action: id=2010-03-02-3 status=pending owner="MikeE" Improve test Suite SPI to address other issues raised by JimM

TC Administrivia

Second public review complete with one comment

New Issues

New Issue ASSEMBLY-229: /composite/@targetNamespace cardinality specification has conflicts http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-229

Karmarkar introduces his new issue
proposal is in Jira
Resolution: m:Karmarkar s:Malhotra New issue Assembly-229 opened w/o
Resolution: m:Karmarkar s:Malhotra Assembly-229 resolved with the proposal in Jira w/o

New Issue Assembly-230: Assembly test composites have property types that are intended to be XSD simple types but are in the OASIS namespace http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-230

Edwards introduces the new issue
Resolution: m:Karmarkar s:Aupperle Assembly-230 opened w/o
Resolution: m:Booz s:Karmarkar Assembly-230 resolved as proposed in Jira w/o

Proposal to Reopen Issues 132 & 149: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201004/msg00065.html

discussion in email as pointed to in the Agenda
<Mike Edwards>
My suggestion about Appendixes is in here:
<Mike Edwards>
<Sanjay>
I think deciding which release to address the issues (1.1 vs 1.2) should be based on the effort estimation, which is better done by at least letting the authors of the documents present them to the TC, which means we should first reopen the issues against 1.1. Just my 2cents.
<Sanjay>
there is a lot of echo
<Sanjay>
Postponement of eventing to 1.2 is exactly for the same reason, imho - define a good quality and useful spec , let the spec play out there and give the standard some more time and testing by the market to add more requirements e.g eventing.
<Sanjay>
we had eventing issue opened against 1.1 and resolved as 'defered to 1.2'
<MartinC1>
if its a new deliverable we can raise issues against that
<Sanjay>
that is different than opening issues against 1.2
<Sanjay>
Martin, are you speaking as a chair or a member? just curious.
<MartinC1>
chair
<Dave Booz>
there is a difference between some implementation type extension conforming to assembly vs. claiming itself as a standard implementation type
Motion: m:Freund Begin the production of a new deliverable that describes requirements for all implementation types. Publication of this document may occur concurrent with 1.1 or following final publication of 1.1 to be determined based on its progress relative to 1.1. Close action on the public comment with this resolution.
<Philipp Konradi>
Right, good point Dave. We are primarily speaking here about conformance of other implementation types to assembly, not about them being standards
<Sanjay>
doesn't adding new deliverable require rechartering?
<jeff.mischkinsky>
dave: but practically it is the same in this case, as you would be claiming conformance to sca by virtue of not having a opencsa impl language
Motion: m:Freund s:Mischkinsky Begin the production of a new deliverable that describes requirements for all implementation types. Publication of this document may occur concurrent with 1.1 or following final publication of 1.1 to be determined based on its progress relative to 1.1. Close action on the public comment with this resolution.
<jeff.mischkinsky>
sanjay: no it does not -- as long as the deliverable is in the scope
<jeff.mischkinsky>
TC's can produce and structure their work as they see fit
<Sanjay>
then - whether it is an independent deliverable or not is part of the solution for resolving the issue.
<Dave Booz>
Jeff, no it's not practically the same, that's why we separated all these specs
<jeff.mischkinsky>
we separated these specs to manage the work better -
<Mike Edwards>
Sanjay - I think the existing Charter does actually cover this material
<Dave Booz>
that was a good side effect
<Sanjay>
I don't understand the motion too - how can we close the issue if we are undertaking some new work (as a separate deliverable or otherwisef)!
<jeff.mischkinsky>
the issue is closed
<jeff.mischkinsky>
it is not open
<jeff.mischkinsky>
we have been debating opening something that is closed -
<Sanjay>
This item is under agenda item 5 (New Issues)
<jeff.mischkinsky>
there is no motion to reopen the issue
<anish>
time check: 5 mins
<Sanjay>
does Bob's motion require 2/3rd majority?
<Mike Edwards>
no
<MartinC1>
no
<MartinC1>
simple majority sisnce we are not re-opening
<Jeff Estefan>
Bob's motion suggests "Begin the production ..." when in fact a draft production has already been produced. Yes it needs update.
<Philipp Konradi>
I don't see what's the problem with claiming conformance to sca assembly by virtue of not having a opencsa impl language? SCA assembly model is language independent, right?
<anish>
phillipp, assembly is language independent, but assembly IMHO has to say what features a C&I must implement
<Sanjay>
can the chairs clarify the procedure of calling the question a little bit
<Sanjay>
I can see that there is some confusion about what is going on here.
<Philipp Konradi>
I think we should even go that direction and enable and foster adoption of SCA assembly by further implementation technologies (Domain specific languages, proprietary ones, new acadamic ones, ...)
<Mike Edwards>
132 & 149 are closed - Bob's motion is something new that is an alternative way to address the same problem area
Resolution: m:Freund s:Mischkinsky Begin the production of a new deliverable that describes requirements for all implementation types. Publication of this document may occur concurrent with 1.1 or following final publication of 1.1 to be determined based on its progress relative to 1.1. Close action on the public comment with this resolution. Approved 15 yes to 1 no

AOB

straggler roll
adjourned

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2010-05-04 at 12:14:01 GMT-4

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-Assembly TC...' was assumed

final validation: Chair not specified, default chair was assumed

statistics: Schreiber found 78 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 4: s/1./agenda: 1.

edits: Line 14: i/Multiple/topic: Martinis

edits: Line 73: s/out there/, let the spec play out there/

edit-substitute: command on line 4 succeeded, changed line 1 from '1.' to 'agenda: 1.'

command-scribe: Line 3: Since the line number is less than or equal to 20 we will interpret this as a scribename command, note that the scribe command is deprecated

command-scribe: Line 3: Bob Freund is recognized

command-scribe: Line 3: Bob Freund's nick Bob has been selected

edit-delete: Line 4 was deleted

edit-insert: i/ command line 5.1 inserted before source line

edit-delete: Line 14 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 73 succeeded, changed line 72 from 'out there' to ', let the spec play out there'

edit-delete: Line 73 was deleted

command-autoroll/oasis: Line 133: Attempting to fetch roll from http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/event.php?event_id=25377

command-autoroll/oasis: Line 133: Successfully fetched roll from http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/event.php?event_id=25377

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.2.0.6