Subject: Issue 227: what does promotion of channels mean wrt intents/policies

One of the things that has been proposed by Eric is promotion of
channels outside of a composite. I'm assuming that such promotions will
allow for intents/policies to be added on promoted channels by
composites at higher levels. I'm not sure what that means to
consumers/subscribers that are deeper down in the hierarchy.

I imagine that channel policies/intents will impact all the
consumers/producers connected to it. When a channel is promoted with
additional/different intents/policies on it, what happens to
consumers/producers that are connected to the same channel at a lower
level. Are they affected by the additional intents/policies? If they are
that would be very counter-intuitive. If they are not affected, is it
still the same channel? For example, if it is a JMS topic, it is going
to be the same topic for the consumers/producers at all levels. The
topic has to be created with particular guarantees/persistence that are
going to affect all consumers/producers. This changes the intent model.
The intents would now flow up *and* down the hierarchy.