Subject: NEW ISSUE: Remove sca-1,1.xsd content

Target: Assembly Spec. CD05 Rev 1

Description: TC Admin. has noted that our current manner of handling schema revisions has problems (i.e. artifacts appearing publically with a CDXX destination before the appropriate TC has approved that CD).  One of the reasons we have been using the current procedure is that the Assembly spec lists the contents of sca-1.1-cdxx.xsd in Appendix A.  This particular schema  simply includes all the other schema in the main SCA namespace.  But this means that since the Assembly TC tends to approve a CD of the Assembly spec before the other SCA TCs vote CDs of the specs they own that impact the main SCA namespace, if we follow the direction for work-in-progress schema file naming that TC Admin. suggests, the Assembly spec would be quickly out of data.

Proposal: Remove the content of sca-1.1-cdxx.xsd from Appendix A and replace it with:  sca-1.1-cdxx.xsd is provided for convenience.  It  contains <include/> elements for each of the schema files that contribute to the http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200912 namespace.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
WW Center of Excellence for Enterprise Systems & Banking Center of Excellence Application Integration Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com