Subject: Draft minutes from 2010-09-14 are attached

Title: SCA-Assy - 2010-09-14

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-Assembly TC

Attendees

Present

Robert Freund Hitachi, Ltd. Group Member
Eric Wells Hitachi, Ltd. Group Member
Bryan Aupperle IBM Group Member
David Booz IBM Group Member
Mike Edwards IBM Group Member
Simon Holdsworth IBM Group Member
Diane Jordan IBM Group Member
Peter Niblett IBM Group Member
Jeff Estefan Jet Propulsion Laboratory:* Group Member
Andreas Egloff Oracle Corporation Group Member
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation Group Member
Rich Levinson Oracle Corporation Group Member
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation Group Member
Jeff Mischkinsky Oracle Corporation Group Member
Gilbert Pilz Oracle Corporation Group Member
Plamen Pavlov SAP AG* Group Member
Eric Johnson TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member
Danny van der Rijn TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member
Scott Vorthmann TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member

Chair

Mike Edwards

Scribe

Bob Freund

Agenda:

1. Intro

Roll call
Scribe confirmation
Agenda bashing

2. Approval of minutes of previous SCA-Assembly TC meeting

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/39325/SCA%20Assembly%20minutes%20201.-08-31.html

3. Action Items

None

4. TC Administrivia

a) Public Review of Test Suite Adaptation and Implementation Type Documentation Requirements for SCA Assembly Model v1.1.
- started on 31.August
- ends 30 October 201.

b) LOA Requests:
Jeff Estefan 21.9 & 28/9
Jon Maron, 9/8 thru 9/21.

5. New Issues (1.2)

None

7.1.2 Specification Open Issues

ASSEMBLY-227: Promotion of consumers and producers undermines composability
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-227

Proposal
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201.04/msg00044.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37273/sca-assembly-1.2-spec-wd01.issue-227.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37272/sca-assembly-1.2-spec-wd01.issue-227.doc

Use Case Discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201.08/msg00006.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201.08/msg00036.html

Last email in thread: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/email/archives/201.08/msg00087.html

ASSEMBLY-235: Remotable interface compatibility should not be restricted to a WSDL1.1.mapping
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-235

No Proposal

ASSEMBLY-238: (1.2): eventType element, EventType type declared twice in schema, eventType.xsd used but not defined
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-238

Proposal in JIRA

ASSEMBLY-239: (1.2): Business data filter element needs better name, definition
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-239

Proposal in JIRA

ASSEMBLY-233: Define how Policy works for SCA Eventing
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-233

No Proposal

ASSEMBLY-241. binding decl for producer/consumer are problematic
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-241.

No proposal

8. AOB

Contents

Topics
[1]  Opening
[2]  Administrivia
[3]  f2f discussion
[4]  1.2 Spec Open Issues
[5]  Assembly-227
[6]  ASSEMBLY-238: (1.2): eventType element, EventType type declared twice in schema, eventType.xsd used but not defined http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-238
[7]  ASSEMBLY-239: (1.2): Business data filter element needs better name, definition http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-239
[8]  Assembly-227
[9]  AOB
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:
id=2010-09-14-1 status=pending Anish to provide an inlined proposal for issue 238

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Bob Freund

Opening

Roll - quorate with 15 of 22 voting members present 68%
Agenda - agreed with face to face discussion added
Resolution: minutes of 2010-08-31 approved w/o

Administrivia

Resolution: LOA requests as in the Agenda approved w/o

f2f discussion

Karmarkar:
Eight folks have acknowledged attendance and I am concerned about quorum
I will be able to be on the phone some of each day

1.2 Spec Open Issues

Assembly-227

Edwards:
I suggest we discuss at the face to face in a concentrated session

ASSEMBLY-238: (1.2): eventType element, EventType type declared twice in schema, eventType.xsd used but not defined http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-238

proposal is in JIRA
<anish>
We discussed this before. There is a response to eric's proposal from me: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201007/msg00062.html
Johnson leads us through the proposal
Karmarker offers an alternate proposal removing the duplicate declaration
If we adopt the ws-ra event description schema then we would import that xsd
Action: Anish to provide an inlined proposal for issue 238

ASSEMBLY-239: (1.2): Business data filter element needs better name, definition http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-239

Johnson discussed his proposal in Jira

Assembly-227

Niblett leads us through the discussion
discussion including multiple routes and the potential for unintended duplicate events

AOB

straggler roll
There will be no Tuesday call next week
adjourned

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2010-09-14 at 12:05:22 GMT-4

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-Assembly TC...' was assumed

statistics: Schreiber found 36 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 3: s/1./agenda: 1.

edits: Line 59: s/wek/week

edit-substitute: command on line 3 succeeded, changed line 1 from '1.' to 'agenda: 1.'

edit-delete: Line 3 was deleted

command-scribe: Line 4: Since the line number is less than or equal to 20 we will interpret this as a scribename command, note that the scribe command is deprecated

command-scribe: Line 4: Bob Freund is recognized

command-scribe: Line 4: Bob Freund's nick Bob has been selected

command-chair: Line 7: Since the line number is less than or equal to 20 we will interpret this as a chairname command, note that the chair command is deprecated

command-autoroll/oasis: Line 49: Attempting to fetch roll from http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/event.php?event_id=25396

command-autoroll/oasis: Line 49: Successfully fetched roll from http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/event.php?event_id=25396

edit-substitute: command on line 59 succeeded, changed line 57 from 'wek' to 'week'

edit-delete: Line 59 was deleted

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.2.0.6

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]

smime.p7s