Subject: Question on eventing and transaction

Hi,

Unfortunately, I could not make the F2F. However, in reviewing the minutes, I noticed there was mention that a discussion took place regarding transaction policy and consumers with a conclusion that there probably would not be a need for such a capability.

If this is correct, I wanted to mention that we recently ran into a need for this capability in a project that is using Fabric3's eventing implementation (based on the most recent 1.2 draft). Specifically, there are a number of consumers configured to persist events to a database using JPA. These consumers require a managed transaction context (JTA) to be active when the event is received.

There are probably a number of other scenarios such as the need to specify transacted messaging or reliability guarantees on channels as well.

Of course, this is independent of whether policy for eventing is defined in the specifications.

Jim