Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] NEW ISSUE: Need some notion of "callback" addressin conjunction with eventing

Hi Martin,

On 10/29/10 7:02 AM, Martin Chapman wrote:
> Doesn't seem like something that needs addressing at  the SCA level. If any producer can include a "reply-to" then all consumer components need to be prepared to do something with it i.e. it's implicit that there may be production of "response" events.

My trite response is that if you simply disregard this case, then anyone
who wants to do anything with JMS that naturally maps onto the use of
the JMSReplyTo message header, either cannot do it with SCA eventing, or
can only do it with vendor specific extensions.  Both possibilities seem
wrong to me.  JMS has been around a lot longer than SCA eventing, and if
we cannot model appropriately around one of its key features.....

For a more substantive response, I can refer back to the responses I
sent Mike - there are a number of what I think are reasonable scenarios
where trying to wire this in the current model doesn't work.

Your point does make me wonder whether a consumer might flag that as
part of an eventFilter that it may disallow reply-to information, or
perhaps simply ignore it.

I raised the issue because I think we've overlooked something important,
however, I admit to not having all the answers, or having thought
through all the implications.

-Eric.