Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] [Issue 251] Some early thoughts

On 12/14/2010 10:09 AM, Danny van der Rijn wrote:

>> For example, an order processing component may have a dependency on a
>> credit-card service. Unless that dependency is satisfied, the order
>> processing component just won't work.
>
> Again, back to different interpretations of eventing. Just because I'm
> using eventing doesn't always mean that I'm throwing *any* notion of
> coupling to the wind. Your statement above can have the same validity in
> eventing use cases. Therefore, I think it's necessary to make a
> distinction between a lower bound of 0 and a lower bound of 1.

I didn't intend to imply that an application that uses eventing doesn't
necessarily have a need to have coupling. But I like the model where
such coupling is done at a higher-level (application logic as far as
eventing model is concerned). It keeps the model arguable simple, while
compromising on a feature.
Did you have any specific usecase/scenario in mind?

> I do agree, though, that upper bounds have less meaning in the pub/sub
> world.

Good. So we agree, at least, on 50% of the proposal ;-)