Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] Private or local channels

 >We're back into really squish security territory. As soon as you open
 >up a network connection, the activity might be "visible" to outside
 >parties. I'm certain that we have to leave it up to implementations of
 >SCA, and the assemblers of composities as to how rigorously they work
 >to prevent exposure to the contents of messages, and likewise, how
 >rigorously they work to prevent "outside" messages from being
 >processed. In the end, it *can* be compromised, the relevant security
 >question is whether it is the weakest link, or not.

I think this is the key in looking at this issue. And not unlike how we
have dealt with things like WS binding on a service. Once you deploy a
service, the SCA spec cannot/should not guarantee/prevent who is going
to connect to that network endpoint.

I should also clarify what I meant in my earlier comment:
"I agree that the events cannot be visible to *SCA* components outside
that composite, in that SCA domain. But I think our disagreement is wrt
visibility to non-SCA things."

I meant to say that we model channels in the composite and we can talk
about channel visibility. IOW, what is (or isn't) available for use wrt
the value specified on the target/source attribute of producer/consumer.
In that regard, for components that are outside a composite C, do not
have visibility to the local channels declared in composite C. Now
whether they have visibility to the events in channel C, depends on the
implementation/deployment. For example, the spec does not restrict two
channels A and B that are local channels in composite X and Y,
respectively, being mapped to the "same thing" underneath by an
implementation. And I don't think we should prevent it in the spec. It
should be left as an implementation/assembler/deployer choice.