Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] [Issue 253]: (1.2) Must a global domain channelbe deployed before it can be used?

There is one issue wrt auto-deploy that has not been discussed in this
long thread that I wish to bring up: "garbage collection" of
auto-deployed channels.

Auto-deployed channels (obviously) don't require any explicit action to
deploy channels other than deployment of a producer/consumer that uses
that channel. In a dynamic SCA environment, the composites that
contained the producer/consumer that led to the auto-deploy of global
channels may be undeployed at some later time. This will leave the
domain-level channels that no one is using (and possible will never use)
intact. Since these channels were auto-deployed, it stands to reason
that they should be auto-undeployed (or garbage collected). Especially,
since the administrator does not have a composite to point to, to get
rid of the auto-deployed channel using the Assembly "10.7.2 remove from
Domain-Level Composite" operation.