Subject: Concrete Exit Criteria for the SCA Assembly TC

Folks,

Anish brought up the question of exit criteria in a note to Martin and myself, which I briefly discussed on the
TC conference call last week.  Since we are nearing completion of the V1.1 Assembly specification, I think
that it is appropriate that we now discuss this and make for formal decision about the Exit Criteria that we
adopt for the V1.1 specification.

First, I would like to point out that the Assembly TC is obliged to make a formal decision about Exit Criteria
since the TC charter contains this:

"The TC shall define concrete exit criteria that include at least two
independent offerings that implement and are compliant with the all
normative portions of specifications and demonstrate interoperability
and portability as appropriate. Note that these are minimums and that
the TC is free to set more stringent criteria."

So, we need to adopt some specific Exit Criteria, which we should do via a formal decision at one of our
upcoming TC meetings.

Anyone is free to put forward some wording for the Exit Criteria.

I will put forward my own choice of wording in a note that follows this one.

Yours, Mike

Dr Mike Edwards  Mail Point 146, Hursley Park
STSM  Winchester, Hants SO21 2JN
SCA & Services Standards  United Kingdom
Co-Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC
IBM Software Group
Phone: +44-1962 818014
Mobile: +44-7802-467431 (274097)