Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] Exit Criteria for the SCA Specifications.

Hi,

I would like to say I support Mike's view. Speaking for Fabric3 (an SCA implementation), while we support some optional normative portions of the specifications, we have made the decision not to support others. This decision was not based on difficulty of implementation (the optional normative sections we have reviewed are fairly straightforward), but on a view that certain features do not align with our technical direction.

I am stating this publicly to make clear that Fabric3 will not be one of the implementations to help satisfy the optional normative portions, if the TC were to adopt such stringent Exit Criteria. If there are two implementations that can categorically state plans to support all the optional portions, then I would not be concerned. However, as it stands, I am only aware of two implementations that plan conformance to the mandatory portions (Tuscany and Fabric3).

Is any implementation wiling to step forward and commit to supporting the optional portions? If not, requiring conformance to them as part of the Exit Criteria sure seems to be a recipe for non-standardization. This would be a terrible outcome given all of the hard work the TC has put in over the past several years and the market need for such an innovative technology.

Jim