Subject: Raw Minutes for 10 May

Here is the chat log.

Bryan Aupperle.
Software IT Architect - Mid-Atlantic
Senior Technical Staff Member

Raleigh, NC
Mobile: 919-656-0018

aupperle@us.ibm.com
[10:57] Mike Edwards: 1. Intro

Roll call
Scribe confirmation
Agenda bashing

2. Approval of minutes of previous SCA-Assembly TC meeting

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/42021/SCA%20Assembly%20minutes%202011-05-03.pdf

3. Action Items

id=2010-09-22-8 status=pending owner="EricJ" produce new proposal for ASSEMBLY-227
id=2011-01-04-2 status=pending Edwards to write a new proposal for the resolution of Assembly-246 along the lines contained in wsra

4. TC Administrivia

5. Exit Criteria

The TC needs to adopt concrete exit criteria.

Consider how to move this forward

6. New Issues (1.2)

ASSEMBLY-259: Some way to "late bind" references to global domain channels
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-259

7. 1.2 Specification Open Issues (1.2)

ASSEMBLY-253: Add Autocreation of Channels to SCA Assembly 1.2
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-253

Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201102/msg00056.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201102/msg00055.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201102/msg00054.html

ASSEMBLY-250: Need an equivalent to "autowire" for the eventing world
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-250

Proposal in JIRA
Follow on discussion from previous meeting

Latest discussion:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201101/msg00041.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201101/msg00030.html

ASSEMBLY-227: Promotion of consumers and producers undermines composability
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-227

Proposal
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201004/msg00044.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37273/sca-assembly-1.2-spec-wd01-issue-227.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37272/sca-assembly-1.2-spec-wd01-issue-227.doc

Latest discussions:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201012/msg00023.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201012/msg00022.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201012/msg00021.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201012/msg00020.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201012/msg00019.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201012/msg00017.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201012/msg00016.html

ASSEMBLY-235: Remotable interface compatibility should not be restricted to a WSDL 1.1 mapping
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-235

Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201102/msg00079.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201102/msg00078.html

ASSEMBLY-233: Define how Policy works for SCA Eventing
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-233

No Proposal

ASSEMBLY-243: Is the default channel configurable?
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-243

No proposal

ASSEMBLY-244: How to enable extensibility to multiple bindings on a channel
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-244

Outline proposal in JIRA

ASSEMBLY-245: Adopt the WS-RA Event Description specification to declare SCA Event Types
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-245

Proposal in JIRA

ASSEMBLY-246: Provide Location within SCA Contributions for eventType Declarations
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-246

Proposal in JIRA

ASSEMBLY-257: Global domain channels creation inconsistent with pattern established by definitions.xml
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-257

Skeleton proposal in JIRA

ASSEMBLY-247: What are the requirements on an SCA Binding for eventing purposes?
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-247

No proposal

ASSEMBLY-248: RFC2119 wording and conformance statement need to be added for event processing
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-248

No proposal

9. AOB
[11:01] anish will dial-in in a few minutes, just got off a long call
[11:08] Bryan Aupperle: Scribe: Bryan Aupperle
[11:08] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Agenda Bashing
[11:09] Bryan Aupperle: 11 of 18 in attendance 61%
[11:09] Bryan Aupperle: Agenda agreed
[11:10] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Approval of Minutes
[11:10] Bryan Aupperle: No changes
[11:11] Bryan Aupperle: Resolution: Minutes approved
[11:11] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Action Items
[11:11] Bryan Aupperle: No progress on either, but WSRA spec is now in a final state so we can base content on it.
[11:12] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Administrivia
[11:12] Bryan Aupperle: None
[11:12] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Exit Criteria
[11:12] Bryan Aupperle: We do have to adopt exit criteria.
[11:13] Bryan Aupperle: Martin: Do we have information of a second implementation?
[11:13] Bryan Aupperle: Mike: Fabric3 implements Assembly
[11:14] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: Fabric3 has not claimed to implement WS-Binding, so not conformant.
[11:14] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: ASSEMBLY-259: Some way to "late bind" references to global domain channels
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-259
[11:14] Bryan Aupperle: We debated this last week but ran out of time.
[11:15] Bryan Aupperle: Martin: Why is this limited to Global Domain channels?
[11:15] Bryan Aupperle: Martin: Should we widen the issue?
[11:17] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: Several options already exist, what additional capability does this provide?
[11:20] Bryan Aupperle: Peter: One problem with issue 227 is that it covers a broad number of topics.  This issue addresses a specific use case.  If we are not proceed it is because either use cases are not important or already dealty with.
[11:20] Bryan Aupperle: Mike:  Use cases already covered via component configuration.
[11:21] MartinC : im now thinking that maybe just allowing channels to be promoted might solve the different scenarios
[11:21] anish: and that is issue 227, isn't it?
[11:22] Bryan Aupperle: Mike: Use promoted channels and not global domain channels to address use cases.
[11:23] Bryan Aupperle: Ashok: This is a general late binding question.
[11:24] MartinC : danny added to the roll
[11:24] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: There is already an issue for channel promotion, so why do we need this issue?
[11:26] Bryan Aupperle: Danny: This issue describes a use case for promoted channels.  And without channel promotion, these use cases are not covered.
[11:27] Bryan Aupperle: Mike: I believe these use cases are covered via the configuration and promotion of producers and consumers and I could draw composites that illustrate how.
[11:28] Bryan Aupperle: Danny: Use cases in discussion of issue 227 can be addressed with proposal for this issue.
[11:29] Bryan Aupperle: Martin: I am reluctant to open another issues while 227 is still open.
[11:30] Bryan Aupperle: Mike: I am concerned about taking action on this issue when Eric is not here But not want to keep this pending much longer.
[11:31] Bryan Aupperle: Mike:  We will hold over for one week.
[11:32] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: ASSEMBLY-253: Add Autocreation of Channels to SCA Assembly 1.2
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-253

Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201102/msg00056.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201102/msg00055.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/201102/msg00054.html
[11:32] Bryan Aupperle: Mike reviews the state of discussions.
[11:36] Bryan Aupperle: Martin: Auto-deploy has benefits.  Concern about what to do about conflicts needs to be worked through, Bigger concern is spelling mistakes resulting in two channels when one is intended.
[11:40] Bryan Aupperle: Danny: Concerns are valid and are part of a bigger deployment question.  Channels may simply be bringing this to the forefront.  This feature could be implemented without standardization.
[11:41] Bryan Aupperle: Martinroposed resolution is not detailed enough to vote on a resolution, but perhaps a direction vote is in order.
[11:42] Bryan Aupperle: Mike: Question is what is or is not a valid application.  Lack of clarity in the specification would lead to portability problems.  Tooling could very easily cover this use case.
[11:43] Bryan Aupperle: Peter: I thought that current wording says that auto-creation is not allowed.
[11:44] Bryan Aupperle: Mike: Model for services is that a reference to an non-extant service is allowed and an error is raised only when that reference is used.
[11:45] Bryan Aupperle: Danny: Lots of different types of tools, auto-creation could occur at deployment and be considered a deployment tool.
[11:46] MartinC  just click the hand by your name to lower
[11:49] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: Eric and Danny convinced me that spelling errors are not a big deal.  Mike's point is important,  I expect global channels to be in a separate composite since they are global, and timing of auto-creation would impact behavior. The current spec does not prevent tools from doing the auto-creation of a composite with the channel and auto-deploy it.
[11:50] Bryan Aupperle: Mike: Still does not address the collision concern.
[11:51] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: We have to address collision even with the current text.  And perhaps we need to focus on first use rather than deployment order.
[11:55] Bryan Aupperle: Danny: We do not talk about deployment ordering currently so this concern, while valid, seems to be a broader concern.
[11:57] Bryan Aupperle: Mike: Current spec does discuss the domain, deployment operations, etc. (Section 10 of 1.1 spec).  This section is deliberately non-prescriptive.
[11:58] MartinC : time warning
[11:58] Bryan Aupperle: Danny: Sequence operations to create and deploy a global channel is outside runtime proscriptions.
[12:00] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: AOB
[12:00] Bryan Aupperle: Straggler role
[12:00] Mike Edwards: Thanks for scribing Bryan
=