Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] Fwd: Suggested text for Assembly 233

Hi Ashok,

On 9/29/11 10:31 PM, ashok malhotra wrote:
Eric, Danny:
Feel free to make a proposal.
All the best, Ashok

That's a fair question. But I believe I've made two different proposals so far. They're just not in the concrete form of changes to the specification. Specifically:

* Process proposal: To move this question forward, exactly what are the use-cases for supporting policies with pub/sub?
* Directional proposal: Since I don't have any use cases, and nobody else has yet offered up any, I've suggested that we simply punt on the issue, and add no additional normative statements about policies, although perhaps some explanatory text.

Of course, I could put my directional proposal in the form of actual changes to the spec, but if nobody else agrees with me, then I'm not sure I want to spend the time. So at this point, it is merely a directional proposal.

-Eric.