Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] Next steps for the SCA Assembly TC

That would work for me.

Jim

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 7:21 PM, Martin Chapman <martin.chapman@oracle.com> wrote:

Danny,

Since we have not had regular calls, many people have started to re-use the slot. , and we need to make sure we get a quorum.

The suggestion is for 08:00 Pacific on March 26th, so people need to let us know asap if that isn’t suitable!

All TC members, please let us know ASAP  if the proposed dated is NOT acceptable.

Martin.

From: Danny van der Rijn [mailto:dannyv@tibco.com]
Sent: 12 March 2013 18:13
To: Mike Edwards
Cc: OASIS Assembly

May I suggest that the meeting be scheduled ASAP?  I take this as merely a proposal to schedule a meeting until I see it on the OASIS calendar..

On Mar 12, 2013, at 6:44 AM, Mike Edwards <mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

Folks

Following the recent ballot on the proposal to close the SCA Assembly TC, which did not achieve the required
supermajority and so failed, we need to plan the next steps for the TC.

There has also been a flurry of activity and emails relating to conformance testing of the Fabric3 runtime which

need addressing.

The idea that the chairs would like to propose is that the SCA Assembly TC should continue working towards getting

the SCA Assembly Model specification to Committee Specification status, but only for a limited additional period

of time.  We feel that reasonable notice should be given to potential conforming runtime owners to come forward,

but that we should not commit to continue the work of the TC indefinitely.  So, we propose that a time limit of 3 months

is used, by which time a second conforming runtime is presented to the TC, or else we should close the TC.

If a conforming runtime is presented, then we should look to process the SCA Assembly Model specification to

Committee Specification status (note: this could extend beyond the 3 months discussed above, depending on

process issues...).  Once Committee Specification status us reached, then we should consider the appropriate next

steps.

In order to discuss both the Fabric3 submissions and the content of this email, we propose to have a teleconference

of the SCA Assembly TC at the "regular" time of 08:00 Pacific on March 26th.

Note that Bindings, Java and Policy TCs will also need to meet to discuss their respective Fabric3 submissions,
so we suspect that there will be an overall process spanning a number of weeks.

Comments welcome.

Yours, Mike

Dr Mike Edwards

 Mail Point 137, Hursley Park

<Mail Attachment.gif>

STSM

 Winchester, Hants SO21 2JN

Cloud Computing & Services Standards

 United Kingdom

Chair UK ISO SC38 mirror committee (Cloud & SOA)

Co-Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC

PEPPOL eProcurement team member

IBM Software Group

Phone: