Subject: Fwd: [sca-assembly] Any agenda items for tmorrow's SCA Assembly conference call?

hi,
I believe anish is spot on in his characterization of the reasons why we have 2 TCs, policy and assembly, and not one.
I was there "at creation". We debated back and forth and finally came down on 2 TCs that would be joined at the hip, so to speak. The main reason is that administratively it is difficult under the oasis process to have disjoint work going on in one TC. Sub-committees really take independent decisions,  and the voting rules are set up so that one would have to attend all the parent TC meetings anyway. So the decision was made to have to TCs, which then meant that there HAD to be 2 specs.  Otherwise, we would have had only one assembly spec, with a policy chapter or 2.

I do note that with enough work one could probably decouple the specs, (your cool implementation is not really relevant from a spec perspective), but who really has the appetite at this late date to start that, and go through another major approval process.

I think your objection to the way policy is integrated into assembly (and SCA) is really a fundamental criticism (which may be valid) of the assembly architecture.

cheers,
 jeff

Begin forwarded message: