Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] ISSUE 4: JMS binding can be used as pub/sub workaroundingreference multiplicity

Thinking aloud a little bit, hopefully to the benefit of others:

At the edges of a composite, with bindings on promotions, is there
anything that we can do here?  I don't think there is, since a point of
promoting a reference is to interact with systems that you may not
control.  Multiplicity and topics is just a small problem here, re-using
queues would be even more problematic.

Inside of a composite, I don't see the use case.  If anyone in the
process is concerned about what I think of as "topic collision", they
could mandate - for their development team - late binding of JMS.  That
is, you don't specify the JMS binding specifically, but perhaps an
intent to use a JMS binding, and let the deployment/runtime process
figure out the details, and whether queues or topics are used.  Or even
this level of detail might be spurious - just use the SCA binding,
however that happens to occur.

My take, then is that we may be in agreement that this issue is
out-of-scope with respect to our current effort.  So long as closing
this issue doesn't later preclude opening an issue around adding
language identifying what and why, specifically, about this item is out
of scope, I'd be content to close the issue.

For comparison, in the SOAP/JMS effort we added explicit text around the
whys and wherefores behind putting the use of topics out-of-scope.  That
was a separate decision from actually putting them out of scope.

-Eric.