Subject: RE: [sca-bindings] ISSUE 5: JMS bindingType and atLeastOne intent overlapswith setting JMSDeliveryMode

Folks,

Thinking about this some more, I feel that we should keep the JMSDeliveryMode in the schema.

If folks used to JMS are used to setting this then it does not seem wise to invent something new
and strange for those folks.

The fact that there will be an error if the delivery mode is non-persistent and one or more of the
reliable messaging intents is used is not a problem, in my opinion.  At least they will be aware of a
problem.

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

"Peshev, Peter" <peter.peshev@sap.com>

10/01/2008 17:58

"Michael Rowley" <mrowley@bea.com>, <sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
RE: [sca-bindings] ISSUE 5: JMS bindingType and atLeastOne intent overlaps with setting JMSDeliveryMode

Hi Michael,

In today's binding call we discussed the issue, and there was an idea to
resolve that issue by the original proposal (dropping the
JMSDeliveryMode from the schema) and relying entirely on intents.
(Probably new intent for non-persistent messages)

It seems that you preferred earlier (as in the mail below) to keep the
binding configuration possibilities, and define the conflict as an
error.

Would you agree to such a suggestion -- drop the JMSDeliveryMode ?

Best Regards
Peter