Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Groups - SCA Bindings minutes 2008-01-10 (SCA Bindingsminutes 2008-01-10.doc) uploaded

Simon,

I believe that the chat room content was very light.  The scribe did ask for people to post questions/comments in the chat room but that wasn't done.

For the future I'd prefer it if possible if the scribe could summarise each comment/question/opinion in the chat room, with members free to add more detail.

Regards, Simon

Simon Holdsworth
STSM, SCA Bindings Architect; Master Inventor; OASIS SCA Bindings TC Chair
MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley Park, Winchester SO21 2JN, UK
Tel +44-1962-815059 (Internal 245059) Fax +44-1962-816898
Internet - Simon_Holdsworth@uk.ibm.com

Simon Nash/UK/IBM@IBMGB

15/01/2008 14:20

OASIS Bindings <sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
Re: [sca-bindings] Groups - SCA Bindings minutes 2008-01-10 (SCA Bindings minutes   2008-01-10.doc) uploaded

It does seem very light on technical detail.  Does the raw output from the
chatroom contain any more information?  (I didn't save a copy.)  This
transcript seems to be the most efficient means of capturing the extra
detail.  Some other TCs post the chatroom output without any reformatting
or summarizing.

   Simon

Simon C. Nash, IBM Distinguished Engineer
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
Tel. +44-1962-815156  Fax +44-1962-818999

Eric Johnson <eric@tibco.com>
15/01/2008 04:23

Simon Holdsworth/UK/IBM@IBMGB, OASIS Bindings
<sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [sca-bindings] Groups - SCA Bindings minutes 2008-01-10 (SCA Bindings
minutes   2008-01-10.doc) uploaded

I see from the referenced document that the minutes appear to capture
the normative contents of the meeting, that is, the proposals, the
motions, and their adoption.  Which is to say, for the last meeting, not
too much.

Did I miss something?  Is there chat room content that could be added?
As a rule of thumb, should minutes be capturing key points of discussion
as well?  Perhaps overly pedantic, although I don't have Robert's Rules
of Order handy, a colleague looked it up for me:

"MINUTES TO BE PUBLISHED.  When minutes are to be published, they should
contain, in addition to the information described above, a list of the
speakers on each side of every question, with an abstract or the text of
each address, in which case they may be called "proceedings,"
"transactions," or the like.  In such cases the secretary should have an
assistant...."

It goes on to say that you should basically transcribe everything in
that case, formally identify each speaker, and so on.

Since we certainly don't have an "assistant" for our rotating secretary,
perfection is clearly not ours to reach.  As a rule of thumb, should we
be doing better?

-Eric.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bindings/document.php?document_id=26781

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bindings/download.php/26781/SCA%20Bindings%20minutes%202008-01-10.doc

> PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email
application
> may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and
paste

> -OASIS Open Administration

generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your TCs in
OASIS
at:

741598.