Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] ISSUE-22: Callbacks for binding.ws

There is a profound and simple difference, in my understanding, between
a callback operation invocation message
and a response message.

The callback operation is defined on a different interface from the
original operation it is associated with, while
a response is defined in the same interface.

In my opinion, ws addressing replyTo could be used in an operation
invocation message either to indicate
to where a callback (not defined as part of the operation signature)
should be sent, or to indicate where a response
(defined as part of the operation signature) should be sent. The
difference is in the way the interfaces are defined.

If a callback originator has enough knowledge to know the difference
between a callback invocation and sending a
"normal" response to an operation, so could the callback receiver. Thus
it does not seem necessary to differentiate
the two using different relatesTo values, since both parties would know,
by the definition of the interfaces being used,
whether it is a callback message of a replyTo.

Tom Rutt