Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Callbacks are correlated at interface level, not operation level

To increase the complexity of the example, some interface designs might
have an invoice global element definition which allow the invoice
to correspond to multiple PO instances.   In that case, an invoice is
correlated with multiple PO requests, and it would be meaninglless to
correlate
with any individual po post operation.

By the way, this thread is intended for discussion, I am not yet raising
an issue.

Tom

Tom Rutt wrote:
> >From assembly defintions, the callback inteface operations are not
> correlated to individual operations in the service interace.  All that is
> required is the address to the callback interface port, corresponding to
> the service interface.
>
> I do not understand why we are talking about correlating callback
> operation request messages with a specific service interface operation
> request message.
>

> Example Bidir Interace
>

> Service interface  PurchaseOrder
> {
>    PostPO (in proposedPO type PO, out agreedPO type PO)
>    ammendPO (in proposedAmmend type PO, out agreedAmmend type PO)
> }
>
> Callback interface Invoice
> {
>    PostInvoice (in proposedInvoice type Invoice, out agreedInvoice type
> Invoice)
>    ammendInvoice (in proposedAmmend type Invoice, out agreedAmmend type
> Invoice)
> }
>

> Question, which service interface operation request message should the
> message id (or callback id) on the callback “request” message  for an
> ammendInvoice operation invocation refer to?

Tom Rutt
Tel: +1 732 801 5744
Fax: +1 732 774 5133
email: tom@coastin.com; trutt@us.fujitsu.com