Subject: Information about SCA bindings face-to-face

Ashok asked that I send information about location.  I have this email that I wrote earlier which I'm now resending.

-Eric.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Groups - SCA Bindings TC Face To Face Meeting modified
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:00:37 -0700
From: Eric Johnson <eric@tibco.com>
To: <sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org>
CC: Pradeep Simha <psimha@tibco.com>

Just to follow up:

simon_holdsworth@uk.ibm.com wrote:
SCA Bindings TC Face To Face Meeting has been modified by Mr. Simon Holdsworth

Date:  Thursday, 17 July 2008
Time:  09:00am - 05:00pm PT

Event Description:
Venue: TIBCO location in Palo Alto, CA.  Exact details to be confirmed.

A Google Maps link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=3303+Hillview+Ave.,+Palo+Alto,+CA+94304&sll=37.40729,-122.143936&sspn=0.012426,0.022488&ie=UTF8&ll=37.407085,-122.145288&spn=0.012426,0.022488&z=16&iwloc=addr

We have three buildings at this location, and we will be meeting in building #1 (if this changes, I will of course let you know), which is the first building on the right as you go along the driveway.

Palo Alto, Mountain View, and Menlo Park have an enormous number of excellent non-chain or local chain restaurants, with all kinds of food, and in all price ranges (!).  Given the number of people, and the high demand for restaurants in this area, for those that are interested in fetching dinner with the group, I probably will need to make reservations somewhat in advance, rather than trying to choose the day-of.  It is certainly premature to worry about this now, but at some point, if you have food allergies (soy, wheat, ...), or food preferences (vegetarian, vegan, ...), or strong desires for specific ethnic options (Chinese, Thai, Italian, Indian, ...) please let me know in advance.

As for hotels, TIBCO has the following choices that we "prefer" within Palo Alto.  I only provide this list as reference, not as any endorsement of the particular hotels, since I've not stayed all of them, and it is in no particular order:

Sheraton
635 El Camino Real
Marriott Residence Inn 4460 W. El Camino Real
Marriott Courtyard 4320 W. El Camino Real
Stanford Park 100 El Camino Real
Four Seasons 2050 University Ave
Crowne Plaza Cabana 4290 El Camino Real
Creekside Inn 3400 El Camino Real
Garden Court 520 Cowper St

My experience is that Palo Alto hotels fill up at random times for reasons I can never quite pin down.  The prices also fluctuate wildly based on demand.  I recommend reserving a hotel at least four weeks in advance.

If you're flying internationally, the San Francisco Airport (SFO) is almost certainly your best bet.  If you're flying from within the US, the San Jose Airport (SJC) is somewhat closer to TIBCO, and sometimes has cheaper airfares.

-Eric.