Subject: [Fwd: Bindings issue 13]

The internet can be a bizarre place.

Simon brought to my attention that bogus track-backs were showing up in JIRA.  I'm still puzzling over what some of these were supposed to do, and for that matter, how they got there.  For an example of the weirdness, one of the "trackbacks" was titled with some popular drug's name, but then the URL pointed back to the home page for the Secretary of State for the State of Minnesota.  Truly bizarre.

In any case, I was able to remove all the bogus trackbacks.  I found them on three issues.  I suspect that they will creep back in. So:
  • If you see any more of these in the Bindings-TC JIRA project, please let me know, and I can remove them.
  • If you know anything about JIRA, do you know how trackbacks could be disabled?
-Eric.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Bindings issue 13
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 14:51:04 +0100
From: Simon Holdsworth <simon_holdsworth@uk.ibm.com>
To: eric@tibco.com

Eric.

Appears that somehow this issue has been "hacked" - external references added to dubious material - I don't know how to remove them... any ideas?

Regards, Simon

Simon Holdsworth
STSM, SCA Bindings Architect; Master Inventor; OASIS SCA Bindings TC Chair
MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley Park, Winchester SO21 2JN, UK
Tel +44-1962-815059 (Internal 245059) Fax +44-1962-816898
Internet - Simon_Holdsworth@uk.ibm.com