Subject: WS-I policy intents have been removed

Hi Everyone,

At the policy F2F this week, we resolved POLICY-22 by removing the following text from the Policy FW spec.

1952 BP.1_1 – This intent specifies the use of a binding that conforms to the WS-I Basic Profile
1953 version 1.1. Any binding or policySet that provides this intent should also provide the SOAP
1954 intent. However, the BP intent is not a profile intent, since it is not completely satisfied by
1955 the lower-level SOAP– there are additional semantic requirements.

We also closed-no-action POLICY-36 which was opened to consider adding intents for all kinds of different WS-I profiles. Basically Policy TC decided to wash its hands of WS-I since it's not clear that WS-I is a policy, nor are there WS-Policy assertions for WS-I claims.

Unfortunately I cannot make the telecon this week to provide any further explanation. I am happy to discuss this on the list if necessary.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com