Subject: Updates to the JMS URI scheme

FYI, over at the W3C working group, we've been coming up with changes to the jms URI scheme.

There is a new version available:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-merrick-jms-uri-04.txt

Changes to this draft are discussed here:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2008Sep/0046.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2008Oct/0018.html

Please advise with any feedback you might have.

I believe we've got two more pending changes that we're going to queue up quickly:
  • Editorial: replacing references to ABNF grammar pieces from "item" to <item>, among other minor editorial nits.  For example, "jms-dest" becomes <jms-dest>.
  • Functional: enabling arbitrary parameters to jndi configuration, by way of defining a "jndi-" query parameter prefix.
As soon as those are done, I believe the W3C SOAP/JMS working group will agree to submit to the IETF secretary.

-Eric.