Subject: For consideration: HTTP binding specification

Folks,

On behalf of IBM, I hereby contribute the following documents to the OASIS SCA Bindings TC for its consideration:

I appreciate its somewhat late in the day but this has been mentioned in principle in various discussions so I thought it would be worth submitting this and getting the reaction of the TC with regards to including this in the overall SCA 1.1 standard.

I have written this as a general-purpose HTTP binding with no Web 2.0 specifics in it, the assumption being that those can be addressed via extensions to the interface, operationSelector and wireFormat elements, although for portability it may well be worth us considering whether we want to standardise support for URL template syntax, interface.wadl, wireFormat.xml, wireFormat.json, operationSelector.rest, etc.

Regards, Simon

Simon Holdsworth
STSM, SCA Bindings Architect; Master Inventor; OASIS SCA Bindings TC Chair
MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley Park, Winchester SO21 2JN, UK
Tel +44-1962-815059 (Internal 245059) Fax +44-1962-816898
Internet - Simon_Holdsworth@uk.ibm.com

sca-binding-http-1.1-spec-wd01.doc