Subject: Fw: Groups - oasis - Ballot "Attendance at the December Bindings F2F" has closed

Folks,

The result of the ballot for F2F are not very encouraging - we have 5 confirmed attendees, which means for a quorum we need at least an additional 3 people on the phone.  I wonder whether this will really be conducive to resolving issues and progressing the specifications, especially given the timezone difference between Europe and the west coast.

An alternative approach might be to run this as a virtual face to face meeting with a screen sharing application, although of course that doesn't get around the timezone issue.

Another possibility is to postpone to the new year, in the hope that financial limitations with respect to travelling will have eased.  However we do still have a significant number of issues that we need to resolve so I am reluctant to postpone the meeting.

Does anyone have any opinions on this?  I am assuming that unless we do come up with an alternative that is agreed by a majority by the end of the next TC meeting that the face to face meeting will go ahead as planned, and we will need people to dial in for as much of the time as possible, both for quorum and to actively participate in discussions.

Regards, Simon

Simon Holdsworth
STSM, SCA Bindings Architect; Master Inventor; OASIS SCA Bindings TC Chair
MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley Park, Winchester SO21 2JN, UK
Tel +44-1962-815059 (Internal 245059) Fax +44-1962-816898
Internet - Simon_Holdsworth@uk.ibm.com

----- Forwarded by Simon Holdsworth/UK/IBM on 31/10/2008 13:20 -----
workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org

31/10/2008 12:01

Simon Holdsworth/UK/IBM@IBMGB
cc
Subject
Groups - oasis - Ballot "Attendance at the December Bindings F2F" has   closed

OASIS Service Component Architecture / Bindings (SCA-Bindings) TC member,

A ballot presented to OASIS Service Component Architecture / Bindings (SCA-Bindings) TC has closed.
The text of this closed ballot is as follows:
---
"Attendance at the December Bindings F2F"
Will you be attending in person the December 2nd-4th SCA Bindings F2F in Portland, Oregon?

- Yes
- No
- Possibly

---

Quick Summary of Voting Results:
- Yes received 5 Votes
- No received 8 Votes
- Possibly received 0 Votes

13 of 37 eligible voters cast their vote before the deadline.

Thank you,
OASIS Open Administration