Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Open Issue ownership

Callbacks and JCA are an interesting mix.  The outbound (from an EIS) portion of the JCA spec is optional and more importantly, the JCA spec does not define any header mechanism.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

Simon Holdsworth <simon_holdsworth@uk.ibm.com>

01/22/2009 09:44 AM

sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
Re: [sca-bindings] Open Issue ownership

Anish,

Thanks for volunteering for 25.

As far as 22 ("
Bindings specifications should provide exemplary Implementations for Callbacks and Conversations") goes, if we remove the conversation part of it, then I agree that this is already covered by issue 2 for web services, and I would argue that the JMS binding spec already fully defines the callback behaviour, so that leaves 22 only applying to JCA.  Perhaps we could either close 22 and reopen a JCA-only issue or modify the existing issue 22.

Regards, Simon

Simon Holdsworth
STSM, SCA Bindings Architect; Master Inventor; OASIS SCA Bindings TC Chair
MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley Park, Winchester SO21 2JN, UK
Tel +44-1962-815059 (Internal 245059) Fax +44-1962-816898
Internet - Simon_Holdsworth@uk.ibm.com

Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>

22/01/2009 07:53

Simon Holdsworth wrote:

> Folks,
>
> According to my analysis, here's the current status of ownership of issues:
>
> Simon Holdsworth:  39, 48, 60
> Anish Karmarkar:  2, 43, ? 25 ?

I can take ownership of 25.

> Piotr Przybylski:  45, ? 29 ?
> Eric Johnson:  54, 57, 58, 59
> Bryan Aupperle:  55,  ? 21 ?
> Dave Booz:  ? 29 ?
> Ashok Malhotra:  ? 29 ?
> Simon Nash: ? 21 ?
>
> Issues with possible owners (?) above: 21, 25, 29
> Issues with no owners:  22, 23, 24

Wrt issue 22, shouldn't this be split into three issues, or perhaps have
three owners, one for each spec. I would be happy to take ownership for
the WS spec. In fact, since conversations has been removed, for WS spec,
this reduces to issue 2 and I already am the owner of that.