Subject: Attempt at conformance numbering for binding.jms

Folks,

Here's my attempt at doing conformance numbering for the JMS binding spec, based on the CD02 version.  I've not made this revision 1 of the cd as I think that would imply that we were all happy with the changes, and I'm pretty sure there will be some debate about what I've done in a few places.

I have followed the SCA Assembly approach in terms of referencing the text and statement number in each direction.  I have tried to highlight the changes I have made in the statements in the table in appendix B; unfortunately this means that the cross-reference text in the document body is a strange halfway house - so please review the text as it is in the appendix, and once that's accepted the cross-references can be updated to look right.

My main concerns with the update are around places where there are multiple conformance statements that rely on some shared context - in most cases I've had to repeat some text for each statement.  The one place I stopped short was in the default wire format, it just looks like I would need to have too much repetition to have each case as a seperate conformance statement.

Anyway, here's the document, I would really appreciate some input as I think we need to agree these changes so that I can proceed with the other issue resolutions.

Thanks, Simon

Simon Holdsworth
STSM, SCA Bindings Architect; Master Inventor; OASIS SCA Bindings TC Chair
MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley Park, Winchester SO21 2JN, UK
Tel +44-1962-815059 (Internal 245059) Fax +44-1962-816898
Internet - Simon_Holdsworth@uk.ibm.com

sca-binding-jms-1.1-spec-cd02-issue62.doc