Subject: Conformance statement numbering updates to specifications

Folks,

My preferred approach for this is to apply the conformance statement numbering to each of the committee draft 02 binding specs, vote to accept those changes as revision 1 of CD 02, and then have the editors apply further issue resolutions to that revision, ensuring that all additions/modifications/removals of conformance statements are appropriately numbered and included in the conformance statement table - and any issues introduced by the conformance statement numbering process after revision 1 handled via individual issues.

To that end I have completed the updates to the JMS binding specification and uploaded this to the document repository:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/31953/sca-binding-jms-1.1-spec-cd02-issue62.doc

I have managed the update marking so that in the appendix you can see how I have modified the statements where necessary.  Until changes are accepted, the cross-references have a mixture of the old and new text, so the actual statements should be viewed in the appendix, once the changes are accepted and references updated the cross-reference text will be correct.

I intend to do the same to the web service and JCA binding specifications today/tomorrow.   I'm going to include a vote to accept these on the SCA Bindings call of the 16th April, so I would strongly urge you to review these changes and comment on them prior to that date so that we can accept them on 16th April to then give the editors time to apply further issue resolutions in time for a public review draft on 23rd April.

Note to editors: this is the approach I took to making these changes:

1) isolate the conformance statement on its own line
2) add a statement number in square brackets [BJMs000n] after the conformance statement
3) highlight the statement number including brackets, and create a bookmark called R_BJMs000n
4) copy the statement text to the clipboard
5) create a new row in the conformance statement table in Appendix B
6) in the first column, insert a cross-reference to the bookmark R_BJMs000n using the bookmark text
7) in the second column, paste the statement text.   Make any updates to this text to make it make sense on its own.
8) highlight the statement text in the second column, select Highlight -> Yellow
9) highlight the statement text in the second column, create a bookmark called BJMs000n
11) insert a cross-reference to the bookmark BJMs000n using the bookmark text (this should replace the original text with a cross-reference with yellow highlighting)

Thanks, Simon

Simon Holdsworth
STSM, SCA Bindings Architect; Master Inventor; OASIS SCA Bindings TC Chair
MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley Park, Winchester SO21 2JN, UK
Tel +44-1962-815059 (Internal 245059) Fax +44-1962-816898
Internet - Simon_Holdsworth@uk.ibm.com