Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Issue 25: updated proposal

Simon Nash wrote:
> Simon Holdsworth wrote:
>>
>> Anish,
>>
>> My only comment is that on line 354/355 the statement "MUST comply
>> with all the applicable requirements specified in Section 2 of this
>> specification"  limits all <binding.ws> xml document normative
>> statements to section 2 - I'm not sure why we limit this to section 2
>> only.

I listed only section 2 here as I didn't think there was any other
section that had anything of relevance wrt conformance as it applies to
the target SCA WS Binding XML document.
Section 1 is introduction, section 3 is examples and section 4 is all
about defaults (which are applicable to the runtime not the XML
document). This is what section 4 says: "This section describes the
defaults to be used if the specific transport details are not otherwise
specified."

But we could change the sentence as follows:
s/Section 2 of//
so that the sentence would read:
"An SCA WS Binding XML document MUST be a conformant SCA Composite
Document or a SCA ComponentType Document, as defined by the SCA Assembly
specification [SCA-ASSEMBLY], and MUST comply with all the applicable
requirements specified in this specification."

The term 'applicable requirements' restricts it to requires that apply
to the XML document target in any case.

> Satisfying only the section 2 statements isn't sufficient.  The document
> also needs to satisfy conformance statement BWS40004.  Perhaps this
> statement is misplaced and should be moved to section 2.

Perhaps it should be.
But I think if we remove words "Section 2 of", as suggested above, we
would future-proof the spec with any requirements that apply to XML
documents being added to sections other than section 2 at some later
point in time.

> One other minor nit: in section 5.1 (second paragraph), the [ASSEMBLY]
> reference should be [SCA-Assembly].

Agreed. Will fix it.