Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Re: [sca-policy] Re: [sca-bindings] Re: [sca-policy]Suggested wording for POLICY-83

Ugh.

I find myself confused by the entire thread.  To clarify, here are the
scenarios I care about:

Here's my simple notion:  I put binding.ws on a *service*, with a SOAP
intent - not further qualified.

I want it to be possible for the conforming SCA runtime to expose BOTH a
SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2 endpoint at the same URI.  That is, I want to
follow in the useful pattern of "being lenient in what I accept, and
strict in what I produce."

For the reference case, when putting a binding.ws on a *reference*, with
a SOAP intent - again, not further qualified - and then pointing at a
WSDL service element, and it contains ports with different versions of
SOAP supported, can the conforming SCA runtime choose any of those
ports?  There may be orthogonal concerns (security), which will
discriminate amongst the available ports, and being forced to use SOAP
1.1 as the default arbitrarily over-constrains the solution, possibly to
the point of error.

Based on Dave's last response, neither of the above scenarios is the
same as "resolving the intent to a binding" based on the the default
qualifier, at least not if an SCA runtime MUST use the default qualifier.

-Eric.