Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] WS Binding CD02 rev3

OK, I take that as an objection to my suggestion we handle this as editorial.

Simon N would you mind sending an email to the list asap to open this issue so we can discuss it on Thursday?

Thanks, Simon

Simon Holdsworth
STSM, SCA Bindings Architect; Master Inventor; OASIS SCA Bindings TC Chair
MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley Park, Winchester SO21 2JN, UK
Tel +44-1962-815059 (Internal 245059) Fax +44-1962-816898
Internet - Simon_Holdsworth@uk.ibm.com

Mike Edwards/UK/IBM@IBMGB

15/06/2009 11:55

"OASIS Bindings" <sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
Re: [sca-bindings] WS Binding CD02 rev3

Folks,

+1 to the final form of Simon's changes.

Unfortunately, I think that the removal of a normative statement [BWS20016] does require an issue.

This should be a reminder to us *NOT* to use normative statements to declare whether a particular element or

attribute is required (1..1) or is optional (0..1).  XSD is perfectly capable of capturing this aspect and should not

require anything in the text other than the use of (0..1) or (1..1) as a marker.

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com