Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] JCA & JMS specs

One comment in-lined below.

Eric Johnson wrote:
> PDF for JMS does not hyperlink normative statements, references, nor
> does it have a table of contents.  (Weirdness - Okular the KDE 4.X PDF
> view, does not link the URLs at the beginning of the document, but Adobe
> Reader does)
>
> The specifications overall are inconsistent about typographical
> conventions for referring to elements and attributes.  The WS Binding
> spec doesn't do anything special, but the JMS spec appears to use
> */bold/italic/* when referring to an element or attribute.  For
> comparison, I checked with the Assembly spec, and it seems inconsistent,
> sometimes it uses /*bold/italic*/, however sometimes the Assembly spec
> refers to "/*foo element*/", and sometimes it refers to "/*foo*/
> element".  I also note places in Assembly where bold and italic are not
> applied.
>
> Some clarity on what we should do might be useful.
>
> Also, we might want to define a standard for references - do we want to
> include the title of the reference with the first reference to it, or
> not.  The WS Binding spec generally cuts to the chase, and I have a
> personal preference for that.  That is, do we do "SCA Assembly
> Specification [SCA-Assembly]", or just "[SCA-Assembly]"?
>
> JMS spec:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32790/sca-binding-jms-1.1-spec-cd02-rev2.pdf
>

> line 134: "... the generic JMS binding type. The type..."  Technically,
> it is an element.  --> "... the generic JMS binding element.  The
> element...".
>
> line 137, 158, 159, 160, 333-334: " as defined in the SCA Assembly
> Specification [SCA-Assembly]" --> " as defined in [SCA-Assembly]"
>
> line 145: the proposed IETF JMS scheme doesn't follow this pattern.
> Instead it follows "jms:jndi:<jms-dest>?..."
>
> /Shame-faced confession:/ If you go and look for the IETF proposal, at
> the moment, you will not find it.  We were going to update it a few
> weeks back (before the previous draft expired), when we discovered that
> IETF changed their legal disclosure requirements.  That sent a bunch of
> us scrambling to talk to lawyers to make sure we do the right thing.  I
> should be posting a new version by some time next week - of course,
> since the old one expired, I might find some new hurdle to overcome that
> will delay this slightly.

I don't think we should point normatively to a spec with a URL that we
know will result in 404. IETF drafts do expire after 6 months.
I would like to suggest that we use the same link used by SOAP over JMS
spec (http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/CR-soapjms-20090604/):
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-merrick-jms-uri-05.txt

This URL points to an expired document, but the reader will at least be
able to retrieve it.