Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] [Issue 2] Inlined proposal v5

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll send out an update based on the
feedback received on the mailing list.

WRT lack of normative statements in section 5.2, this was intentional.
On a previous call there was a discussion about 2119 keywords in this
section and the general 'nodding of the heads around the virtual table'
(as I perceived it) was that we should remove these 2119 keywords. I
certainly agree with that. The reason being: We are defining a protocol
that is meant to work with other protocols defined in the WS-* world.
These protocols are designed to be composable. If an implementation
conforms to protocol A and B, it should make such a claim. The
definition of protocol A does not/should not have to specify with 2119
keywords how A composes with B (unless there is a good reason to). If we
start doing that, we'll have a combinatorial nightmare: how does
Callback compose with WS-Trust, WS-SecureConversation,
WS-ReliableMessaging, WS-Reliability, WS-Coordination,
WS-AtomicTransactions and so on.

Section 5.2 is meant to be helpful discussion of how the protocol we
define composes with WS-MC, as enough folks thought that this would be
very helpful for the reader, addressing perhaps a common scenario. I
suppose we could move this section to an appendix (with the examples).

Do note that section 6.2 bullet 3 does require conformance to WS-MC
(scoped to a MAY).