Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Cross reference vs. hyperlinks

Simon,

OK, this is another area where the specs are inconsistent, I believe assembly sometimes has links from the "name of spec" as well as the "[crossref]", binding.ws just has the "[crossref]".  I'm OK with reverting the other binding specs to be consistent with binding.ws, however of course that'll now have to be an editorial update in a revision after cd03.

Regards, Simon

Simon Holdsworth
STSM, SCA Bindings Architect; Master Inventor; OASIS SCA Bindings TC Chair
MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley Park, Winchester SO21 2JN, UK
Tel +44-1962-815059 (Internal 245059) Fax +44-1962-816898
Internet - Simon_Holdsworth@uk.ibm.com

Simon Nash <oasis@cjnash.com>

25/06/2009 16:06

Simon Holdsworth/UK/IBM@IBMGB
cc
OASIS Bindings <sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
Re: [sca-bindings] Cross reference vs. hyperlinks

Thanks for the clarification.  Even with the way you have done it,
I prefer the bookmark approach of using just the [crossref] as
the clickable link rather than having the lengthier phrase
"name of spec [crossref]" as clickable, which seems more cumbersome.

When using the other approach, I think a short name for the spec
should appear in plain text, followed by the clickable [crossref] tag.
For example, this would result in text like "... as stated in
WSDL 1.1 [WSDL] ..." and not "... as stated in [WSDL] ..."

There's no right or wrong way, but the SCA specs should be consistent.

  Simon