Subject: NEW ISSUE: Non_Persistent Should be an Intent

Target:  JMS Binding spec

On todays call, we resolved to close issue

www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-48
<http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-48>  with the proposal
contained in

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200903/msg00005.html
The last para of this proposal reads:
"Deployers/assemblers can configure NON_PERSISTENT
for @JMSDeliveryMode in order to provide higher performance with a
decreased
quality of service. A binding.jms element configured in this way cannot
satisfy the "atLeastOnce" policy intent. The SCA runtime MUST
raise an error for this invalid combination at deployment time."

The reason that this constraint needs to be expressed in English
rather than more formally is because "atLeastOnce" is a policy intent
whereas "NON_PERSISTENT" is a configuration parameter.  If both were
policy intents we could write a mutually exclusive constraint for them.

Proposal:
Thus, I would recommend that NON_PERSISTENT be removed as a configuration
parameter and turned into an intent. In general, as I argued on the call, configuration parameter should translate to intents.  Dave Booz pushed back on this, saying that WsdlElement in WS Binding should not be an intent.  But, perhaps, this is the exception rather than the rule.

All the best, Ashok