Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Response to: "Microsoft technical comment: Developinteroperable approach notspecific to SCA for callbacks"

Jim,

Not to be too pedantic, but the TC cannot decide "to work with other stakeholders in a dedicated TC to define an interoperable standard" because that's outside the scope of this TC. But the members of the TC can agree to do this on a member by member basis (which I believe they would) in some forum or context that is outside the scope of this TC.

The only choices the TC have are either a) status quo or b) remain silent on wire level callback specification. The TC has decided not to wait the 2-3 years for (b) to arrive. You need to convince the TC that waiting is better than having nothing at all. That's the only thing the TC can meaningfully discuss.

FWIW, I agree with your definition of interop.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for Jim Marino ---10/19/2009 08:43:38 PM---Hi Eric, Comments inline.Jim Marino ---10/19/2009 08:43:38 PM---Hi Eric, Comments inline.

Jim Marino <jim.marino@gmail.com>

OASIS Bindings <sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org>

10/19/2009 08:43 PM

Re: [sca-bindings] Response to: "Microsoft technical comment: Develop interoperable approach notspecific to SCA for callbacks"

Hi Eric,

Comments inline.

Jim