Subject: BINDINGS-94 revised proposal.

I've been thinking about this more, and I think the most consistent way to specify the callback destination details in a String value would be to use the JMS URI scheme.

My only hesitation is around the practical aspect of creating such a URI from information available, however I don't think there's any additional burden on the runtime above what would be needed to set a JNDI name as per the original proposal.

In that case, the revised proposal for BINDINGS-94 would be as follows:

Change the definition of the "scaCallbackDestination" user property to be "a JMS URI that identifies the Destination to which callback messages are sent"

We might want to consider changing the user property name to "scaCallbackAddress" or "scaCallbackURI".

Change the wording of 60011:

For an SCA reference with a JMS binding and a bidirectional interface, when a request message is sent the SCA runtime MUST set the scaCallbackDestination user property in the message it creates to a URI string that identifies the destination to which callback messages are to be sent [BJM60011].

Also change the wording of 60012:

For an SCA reference with a JMS binding and bidirectional interface, when a request message is sent the SCA runtime MAY set the JMSReplyTo destination to be the same destination as identified by the scaCallbackDestination user property [BJM60012]

STSM, SCA Bindings Architect; Master Inventor; OASIS SCA Bindings TC Chair
MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley Park, Winchester SO21 2JN, UK
Tel +44-1962-815059 (Internal 245059) Fax +44-1962-816898
Internet - Simon_Holdsworth@uk.ibm.com