Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Updated proposal for BINDINGS-94

Eric,

I did wonder about whether mandating the JMS URI was too restrictive, however it is consistent with the binding.jms/@uri attribute, which currently states:

The value of the @uri attribute MUST have the format defined by the IETF URI Scheme for Java™ Message Service 1.0 [IETFJMS] [BJM30001].

The proposed resolution for BINDINGS-94 is consistent with this, and for interop it seems better to require consistency.

If AMQP or other messaging infrastructure is capable of supporting JMS to a level that binding.jms would work with, then they should be able to provide the required JMS resources that would be referenced from a JMS URI.

Regards, Simon

Simon Holdsworth
STSM, SCA Bindings Architect; Master Inventor; OASIS SCA Bindings TC Chair, AT&T and Boeing Lab Advocate
MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley Park, Winchester SO21 2JN, UK
Tel +44-1962-815059 (Internal 245059) Fax +44-1962-816898
Internet - Simon_Holdsworth@uk.ibm.com

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200912/msg00008.html