Subject: Re: Issue BINDINGS-113

BINDINGS-113 states:

BWS20006 says --
"When an invocation is made using an SCA reference binding with the wsdl.service form of wsdlElement, the SCA runtime MUST use exactly one port from the set of available ports for the reference (with port selection on a per-invocation basis permitted)."

This is, at the very least, untestable. But I think it is also a pointless stmt. If the selection is made on a per-invocation basis, and if *an* invocation can involve only one endpoint (which I think it does), then this is a redundant statement. It can never be violated, but definition.

Proposal:

Remove BWS20006.

The intention of this statement is to say for a reference, when the binding points at a WSDL service, which could have more than one available port, that the reference can use any of those ports for any invocation, but that it must not use other ports that are not included in the service description.   I think we still need this rule, and I believe that it should be testable, so I'm not keen on removing the statement.  Perhaps rewording it to:

"When an invocation is made using an SCA reference binding with the wsdl.service form of wsdlElement, the SCA runtime MUST use one of the set of available ports for the reference [BWS20006]. Note that this allows the port that is used to vary for each invocation."

Simon Holdsworth
STSM, SCA Bindings Architect; Master Inventor; OASIS SCA Bindings TC Chair, AT&T and Boeing Lab Advocate
MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley Park, Winchester SO21 2JN, UK
Tel +44-1962-815059 (Internal 245059) Fax +44-1962-816898
Internet - Simon_Holdsworth@uk.ibm.com