Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Issue 124 proposal version 2

Version 2 based on feedback from last week's call is attached.

* Fixed editorial bugs pointed out by EricJ in section 6.

* I did some due diligence on the question of whether creating
independent conformance points for WSCB service/client results in a
problem (as pointed out by EricJ), since the other non-section5
conformance items are no longer applicable to WSCB service/client. I
found 5 assertions that are somewhat related (noted below). The others
are about binding.ws syntactic elements/attributes or something similar.

a) there is MUST for SOAP 1.1 and a SHOULD for SOAP 1.2. Section 5 also
talks in several places about SOAP header blocks. Strictly speaking
there is no necessity to require SOAP (1.1 or 1.2) for this protocol. It
could depend only on WS-Addressing. But that is a separate issue. To fix
this, I have changed the intro to 5.1 to state that this is a
soap/ws-addressing based protocol. I didn't see a reason to introduce
assertions for requiring SOAP/WS-A. It is required by definition. But if
ppl feel strongly we can introduce new conformance items.

b) There is a requirement for conforming to SCA assembly and policy. I
don't think this is needed (it would defeat the purpose of the issue
itself).

c) There is a SHOULD for http endpoints to provide a wsdl description
when queried with ?wsdl and a SHOULD for non http endpoints to provide
some way to obtain the WSDL descriptions. I didn't see a need to have
this requirement on WSCB service/client endpoints. I see this as a SCA
runtime requirement not a protocol requirement.

* wrt Dave's comment about BWS5005/7, I'm not sure what needs to change.
I added a sentence at the beginning of section 5.1 that says that WSCB
service implements the forward interface and the WSCB client implements
the callback interface.

Comments?