Subject: Issue 126: proposal to add support for ws-addr (v1)

Attached.

The proposal uses cd03-rev4 as the basis (with changes accepted). The
relevant changes are confined to section 2.10 (new section) and section
6.4. Do note that Mike & I had taken a joint AI to produce a complete
proposal for issue 126. The attached doc adds support for ws-addr but
not for ws-policy.

I have made one change that was not discussed on previous calls or on
the ML: when the callback protocol is supported I had made changes that
require the runtime to support the callback protocol policy assertion.
Since this proposal is about requiring ws-policy, I thought it made a
lot of sense to mandate support for the protocol assertion when the
protocol is supported.

If this (or something like this) is accepted, I think we should make the
endpointReference element mandatory (currently it is a SHOULD).
Especially, since the UPA issue resolution means that it would be the
same element defined in ws-address. But on the last call, someone
expressed preference to deal with this separately. I'll raise an issue
related to that if/when 126 is resolved.

Mike: I know this proposal doesn't give you a lot of time to add
ws-policy support before the bindings call. Please let me know if you
don't have time and I can try and add that later this evening/tonight
(my time).

Thanks.

sca-wsbinding-1.1-spec-cd03-rev4_126_p1.doc

sca-wsbinding-1.1-spec-cd03-rev4_126_p1.pdf