Subject: Re-open issue BINDINGS-136

Folks,

I've been updating the JMS binding spec for the resolved issues and the editorial action item, however looking at the minutes from the meeting when the action item originated [1] it looks like there was some confusion in the discussion and the original issue BINDINGS-136 does in fact require a change to the published schema.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/39068/SCA%20Bindings%20minutes%202010-08-19.doc

The issue states that the operationProperties/headers element should be optional in the schema.  This is consistent with the pseudo-schema and the intent of the element, where it should be possible to use the operationProperties element to define the mapping between the "selected operation" and the "resolved operation" without also requiring a headers element to be present.

The assertion was made in the meeting that minOccurs="0" was present on the element in the latest published sca-binding-jms-1.1.xsd, however that is not the case.  minOccurs="0" is present on the parent operationProperties element but not on the headers element.  A change to the schema file (both published and in the specification document) needs to be made as proposed in the original issue BINDINGS-136.  We need to re-open BINDINGS-136 and resolve it with the proposal in JIRA.

The minutes also include a discussion of the optionality of the jndiName attribute of the JMSDestination, JMSConnectionFactory and JMSActivationSpec types, however these have no "use" attribute specified in the published schema and so are optional by default, and so no further change is required.

I am making these changes in sca-jmsbinding-1.1-spec-cd04-rev1 which I will upload once BINDINGS-136 has been resolved. I believe we can vote this to cd05 without the need for an additional public review as the changes are bugfixes and clarifications rather than substantive changes.

Regards, Simon

Simon Holdsworth
STSM, SCA Bindings Architect; Master Inventor; OASIS SCA Bindings TC Chair, AT&T and Boeing Lab Advocate
MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley Park, Winchester SO21 2JN, UK
Tel +44-1962-815059 (Internal 245059) Fax +44-1962-816898
Internet - Simon_Holdsworth@uk.ibm.com