Subject: Fw: Bindings TC Raw Text - Nov 11

1. Opening

Introductions
Roll call (Ashok Malhotra LOA)

Scribe assignment

Top of the scribe list:

Plamen Pavlov SAP AG
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation
Laurent Domenech TIBCO Software Inc.
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation
Tom Rutt Fujitsu Limited
Ant Elder IBM
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation
Eric Johnson TIBCO Software Inc.
Bryan Aupperle IBM
David Booz IBM

Agenda bashing

2. Approval of the minutes from 28 October:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40044/SCA%20Bindings%20minutes%202010-10-28.doc

3. Actions

No action items

4. New Issues

No new issues

5. CD/PR votes

JMS Binding Specification, cd05/pr3 candidate:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40045/sca-jmsbinding-1.1-spec-cd04-rev3.doc
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40046/sca-jmsbinding-1.1-spec-cd04-rev3.pdf

This is the list of resolved issues since cd04:

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-134
The JMS Binding schema for wireFormat.jmsDefault andoperationSelector.jmsDefault is invalid
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-135
JMS Binding nativeOperation/selectedOperation inconsistency
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-136
JMS Binding operationProperties headers element should be optional
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-138
BJM30018 scope unclear
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-139
BJM30019 scope unclear
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-140
JMS user property type values not specified
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-141
Clarify effect of @correlationScheme on request messages

JMS Binding Test Assertions, cd01/pr1 candidate:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40047/sca-jmsbinding-1.1-test-assertions-wd09.doc
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40048/sca-jmsbinding-1.1-test-assertions-wd09.pdf

JMS Binding Test Cases, cd01/pr1 vote candidate:

(wd07 update to fix some minor typos in expected output for some test cases)

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40208/sca-jmsbinding-1.1-testcases-wd07.odt
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40207/sca-jmsbinding-1.1-testcases-wd07.pdf

JMS Binding Test Artefacts cd01/pr1 candidate:

(wd07 update to fix some minor typos in expected output for some test cases, and a fix a build issue)

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40199/TestCases_BJM_wd07.zip
http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/sca-bindings/TestCases_BJM

6. AOB
Scribe: Mike Edwards
Item 2 Approval of Minutes
Minutes from 28 October
Minutes are approved without change
Item 3 Actions
None
Item 4 New issues
None
Item s CD / PR Votes
a) JMS Binding CD05 / PR 3 Candidate
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40045/sca-jmsbinding-1.1-spec-cd04-rev3.doc
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40046/sca-jmsbinding-1.1-spec-cd04-rev3.pdf
Issues 134, 135, 136, 138, 139, 140, 141 are incorporated into this new revision
- mainly adjustments required following experience in completing the JMS test suite
Simon: Any comments?
None forthcoming
Simon: Document references were updated to refer to most recent Policy spec
anonymous morphed into anish
SCA Assembly is to CD05 - whereas there is a CD06 currently
Bryan moves to approve CD04 Rev3 of the JMS Binding specification, with the reference to the SCA Assembly specification updated to the CD06 version, as CSD05 of the JMS Binding Specification
Eric seconds
Motion passes unanimously
CSD05 of the JMS Specification is approved.
Anish: New filename conventions imposed by latest OASIS rule changes
- MUST use "CSD05"
- SHOULD use "v1.1" rather than just "1.1"
- SHOULD remove the "spec" word
Anish: BUT this spec has been published before - previous version names MUST be left unchanged
Simon: Agree that "latest" version of the spec has a name that cannot be changed
anish back
Bryan: Java TC took this approach for documents already published
Bryan moves that for all documents that have been previously published by this TC as a CD must use the same naming pattern as previously, but with the change to "csd" from "cd"
Mike seconds
anish today is US veteran's day and the kids are at home and I gotta watch them for another 45 minutes -- so have to step away once in a while
Motion passes unanimously
Bryan moves to submit the CD05 for a 15 day publis review
Tom seconds
correction:  s/CD05/CSD05, s/publis/public/
Motion passes unanimously
ACTION 20101111-01: (Simon) Prepare the CSD05 material and submit it to TC Admin
Note: Schema document in the spec changed - document needs to be renamed CSD05
b) JMS Binding Test Assertions
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40047/sca-jmsbinding-1.1-test-assertions-wd09.doc
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40048/sca-jmsbinding-1.1-test-assertions-wd09.pdf
Simon: This has never been published as a CD
- therefore should follow the new naming conventions
Bryan: We must ensure that the spec reference is updated to CSD05 of the JMS Binding spec
Simon: We must also update the reference to SCA Assembly CD06
Tom: I think we should try to keep uniform names across the SCA spec documents
Anish: I agree - but with unpublished specs, the naming is fixed
- it must be like sca-jmsbinding-v1.1-test-assertions-csd01.doc
anish: sca-jmsbinding-test-assertions-v1.1-csd01.doc
correction: sca-jmsbinding-test-assertions-v1.1-csd01.doc
Tom: If it is that clear that TC admin takes this view, I withdraw my idea to keep them uniform
Simon: Let's deal with the CSD aspect first
anish also ... not sure i'm a voting member, i missed a few calls, so I shouldn't be making motions/seconding
Anish moves to publish the WD09 version of the JMS Test Assertions document, with updated references to the SCA Assembly specification CD06 and to the JMS specification CSD05, as CSD01 of the JMS Test assertions document
Bryan seconds
Motion passes unanimously
Simon: Naming
- or the "correct" name as above
Simon: How important is consistency of naming across specs
Anish: If we adhere to the new naming convention as expressed by TC Admin, we don't need a vote
Simon: No wish to have a different naming convention
- thus the document is named: sca-jmsbinding-test-assertions-v1.1-csd01.doc
Bryan moves to submit the CSD01 of the JMS Test Assertions specification for a 30 day public review
Anish seconds
Motion passes unanimoulsy
or even unanimously
c) JMS Binding TestCases  document
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40208/sca-jmsbinding-1.1-testcases-wd07.odt
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40207/sca-jmsbinding-1.1-testcases-wd07.pdf
Mike: I consider the testcases document and the test artifacts to be parts of one thing - no need to vote them separately
Simon: OK
Testcase artifacts:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40199/TestCases_BJM_wd07.zip
http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/sca-bindings/TestCases_BJM
Simon: There are 2 references needing updating - JMS Binding spec, JMS Test Assertions document
Bryan moves to accept WD07 of the JMS Binding Testcases document and its associated test artifacts, with references to SCA Assembly specification updated to CD06 and references to the JMS Binding Test Assertions specification updated to CSD01, to be accepted as CSD01 of the TestCases.
Bryan moves to accept WD07 of the JMS Binding Testcases document and its associated test artifacts, with references to SCA JMS Binding specification updated to CSD05 and references to the JMS Binding Test Assertions specification updated to CSD01, to be accepted as CSD01 of the TestCases.
(correction)
Tom seconds
Motion accepted unanimously
Mike moves to submit the CSD01 of the JMS Testcases for a 30 day public review
Ant seconds
Motion passes unanimously
COB

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com