Subject: Editorial: inconsistencies in reference linking

Folks,

Looking at the latest CSD HTML version published by Mary, I see there is some inconsistency in the way that reference links appear in the JMS binding spec:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bindings/download.php/40397/docs.oasis-open.orgopencsasca-bindingssca-jmsbinding-1.1-spec-csprd03.html

Where references have been created in Word as a cross-reference to a bookmark, the reference is not clickable.  This also applies to all the normative statement and number linkages - they are not clickable.  This may be a limitation of the current HTML generation process, however it does result in significant reduction in usability versus the Word format.

However in some places the references have been done as hyperlinks in Word.  In this case the reference is clickable, but unfortunately this approach is not consistently applied within the document and is not used in other TC's documents so I believe these hyperlinks need to be changed to cross-references next time the document is edited.

I note that in the PDF version neither the bookmarks nor the intra-document hyperlinks are clickable - and that includes the table of contents which is unfortunate and a significant usability issue.

Regards, Simon

Simon Holdsworth
STSM, SCA Bindings Architect; Master Inventor; OASIS SCA Bindings TC Chair, AT&T and Boeing Lab Advocate
MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley Park, Winchester SO21 2JN, UK
Tel +44-1962-815059 (Internal 245059) Fax +44-1962-816898
Internet - Simon_Holdsworth@uk.ibm.com